Rethinking Teaching Intraverbals with Pictures
Skinner described intraverbals as verbal operants influenced by other verbal operants where there is no imitation of content. Intraverbals are essential for vocabulary expansion and the acquisition of conversations. Many practitioners are confused by how matching-to-sample relates to teaching intraverbals when using pictures. We will provide extensive examples of how to teach intraverbals to learners using picture-based communication systems, such as PECS or SGDs.
- Define Skinner’s intraverbals regarding picture-based communication systems
- Describe why such aspects of language are difficult for learners with ASD to acquire and respond to
- Describe teaching strategies for important intraverbals
- Presenter: Andy Bondy, Ph.D.
- Date: Tuesday, November 21st 2023
- Time: 9:00 AM Pacific
- Duration: 100min
- 2 Learning BACB CE Hours