Ethical and Practical Considerations in Planning for Transitioning to Adulthood for Individuals Diagnosed with ASD
As individuals diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders age out of childhood and school-based services, a number of factors become important. Ethical and practical considerations of this transition will be examined, with an eye on maximizing the autonomy and self-determination of the individual.
1. Participants will identify "infantilization" and consider programmatic issues in avoiding it.
2. Participants will discriminate programming that promotes independence from programming that creates dependence.
3. Participants will identify factors that are important in the fading of service provision.
- Presenter: Bobby Newman, Ph.D, BCBA-D, LBA
- Duration: 100min
- 2 Learning - Ethics BACB CE Hours