The Power of Joint Attention
In this course participants will learn about the importance of joint attention as a developmental skill and how it impacts learning and communication. A lack of joint attention has far reaching consequences for individuals and is a critical skill for therapeutic intervention. Goal setting, intervention planning and training team members about joint attention will be discussed. Participants will walk away with many specific actionable strategies that they can use to embed work on joint attention in their sessions with clients in a variety of settings.
Learning Objectives for this session
- Participants will be able to discuss the importance of joint attention when providing intervention for autistic learners.
- Participants will be able to list 3 strategies for incorporating work on joint attention during therapy sessions.
- Participants will be able to state how to write functional goals for targeting joint attention during therapy sessions.
- Participants will be able to define how to use BST to train staff to implement intervention for joint attention skills.
- Presenter: Rosemarie Griffin, MA CCC-SLP, BCBA
- Duration: 100min
- 2 Learning BACB CE Hours