Branching out as behavior analysts
Behavior analysis is a science, with applications that extend beyond autism and individuals with intellectual disabilities. But how do we as behavior analysts begin to branch out? How do we create opportunities when, so few seem to exist? What are the steps we must take to extend our experience? Join me on a journey where we will explore how we can establish legitimate career opportunities with new populations and in new settings. Perhaps you have seen the litany of special interest groups that exist, but how do we move forward with these “interests”, so they become more than a hobby? In this presentation, we will discuss areas where behavior analysts have successfully branched out beyond traditional autism service delivery. We will take a look at the stories and lessons learned from over 20+ individuals who dared to do what few others have dared to do before them, so that others may be inspired to follow in their footsteps.
1. List the 5 steps for behavior analysts to take when branching out beyond autism.
2. List at least 5 areas (e.g., public policy, sustainability, health and physical fitness, animal behavior, organizational behavior management, etc.) where behavior analysis have made an impact, outside of the provision of autism service delivery.
3. Name 2 ways behavior analysts can support their growth and development in areas outside of the provision of autism service delivery.
4. Name at least 5 behavior analysts who have successfully applied behavior analysis to areas outside of the provision of autism service delivery.
- Presenter: Amanda Kelly, PhD, BCBA-D, LBA
- Date: Thursday, June 15th 2023
- Time: 8:00 AM Pacific
- Duration: 100min
- 2 Learning BACB CE Hours
Sold out webinar seats may become available as people give up their seats. Check back later!