The Other Type of Conditioning: ABA Applications for Health and Fitness
Applied behavior analysis is a science that has been applied to many areas of human life. Applications within the areas of health and fitness have been studied but are not well-publicized. In addition, a growing interest among behavior analysts exists to expand their scope of competence and practice within a variety of sub-areas that fall within the realm of health and fitness. In this talk, an overview of a number of areas will be provided, including weight management, healthy eating, smoking cessation, exercise and physical activity adherence, and sport-specific skills application.
- Identify classical and operant conditioning components of smoking cessation programs.
- Explain why weight is a problematic behavior product and how to select and monitor appropriate diet and exercise-related behaviors when implementing weight management programs.
- Apply behavioral principles when designing exercise and physical activity programs.
- Create task analyses and develop shaping and chaining programs to teach sport-specific physical skills.
- Presenter: Bobby Newman, Ph.D, BCBA-D, LBA
Julie Slowiak, Ph.D., BCBA-D
- Duration: 100min
- 2 Learning BACB CE Hours